Summer may be over, but it’s possible that you could still be dealing with the after-effects of the sun’s damaging rays. If you’re noticing dark spots or patches on your skin, it could be hyperpigmentation. In that case, it’s time to consider adding vitamin c to your skin care routine.
Hyperpigmentation is a common (but often harmless) condition where patches of skin become darker than the surrounding skin. Common types of hyperpigmentation include age spots, liver spots or a blotchy and freckle-like appearance.
In this article, you will learn:
- What Causes Hyperpigmentation
- How to Prevent Hyperpigmentation
- How Excess Melanin Causes Changes in Skin Pigmentation
- The Astounding Benefits of Vitamin C for Bright, Even Skin
- Combat Age and Sun Spots with Vitamin C Ampoules
What Causes Hyperpigmentation?
Different factors can cause hyperpigmentation, including UV sun exposure and heat. Other factors that come into play include the use of prescription medications, over-irritation from chemical peels or microdermabrasion and hormonal changes.
How to Prevent Hyperpigmentation
It’s impossible to avoid every factor that can lead to hyperpigmentation, but there are precautions we can take to prevent hyperpigmentation.
- Simply avoiding the sun during its peak hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. can go a long way in preventing future sun damage to the skin.
- When you are outdoors during these hours, sit under the shade where there are significantly fewer UV rays to penetrate your skin and damage your complexion.
- Unsurprisingly, avoiding sun damage and wearing SPF go hand in hand. It’s essential to reapply at least every two hours to ensure your skin remains protected. Circcell offers a mineral based, full UVA and UVB broad-spectrum coverage sun cream infused with naturally plumping, hydrating ingredients and skin-healthy antioxidants.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat when outside to shield your face from the direct ultraviolet radiation.
- When it comes to summertime skin care, be sure to apply a hydrating product that’s infused with Vitamin C into your skincare regimen (keep reading to learn more!).
How Excess Melanin Causes Changes in Skin Pigmentation
In order to understand how changes in the skin work, it’s helpful to first understand the formation of skin color. The color of our skin is due primarily to melanocytes, or the production of melanin by specialized cells in the skin. Melanin absorbs and scatters UV radiation to protect skin from the harmful and damaging effects of radiation. Melanocytes continue to exist whether in an activated or resting state.
Since your skin is always in and out of the sun, your melanocytes are constantly being turned on and off. When your skin is exposed to excessive amounts of sunlight, some melanocytes begin to multiply, which produces an uneven distribution of melanocytes in the skin.
An excess of melanin, or the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, is often the cause of hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation occurs when melanin forms deposits in the skin, which is why hyperpigmentation is so much more common during the warm, summer months.
The sun and heat trigger the production of melanin, even when you protect the skin with sunscreen, hats, scarves or sunglasses. Heat triggers inflammation and the inflammation sets off a response in the body that increases melanin activity.
Once you start to notice signs of hyperpigmentation, it’s difficult to remove sun spots entirely. However, there are steps you can take to lighten and protect the skin from future damage. That’s where Vitamin C comes in. By incorporating Vitamin C treatments into your daily skin ritual, you can protect your skin from UV and environmental damage. Keep reading to learn more about the best vitamin c serum for hyperpigmentation.
The Astounding Benefits of Vitamin C for Bright, Even Skin
Since hyperpigmentation is so difficult to eliminate altogether, it’s important that you use the very best products on your delicate skin to help fade and prevent future sunspots.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant, which is an incredibly important quality that plays a role in combating dark spots.
- In addition, Vitamin C has excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
- Vitamin C helps to inhibit the enzyme tyrosinase, which helps to prevent melanin production.
- Plus, it significantly lightens pigmentation but does not lighten normal skin.
Vitamin C is one of your most valued elements for healthy, glowing skin!
If you struggle with hyperpigmentation, Vitamin C Ampoules is your best bet for fading current sun spots and preventing further incidents of hyperpigmentation.
Combat Age and Sun Spots with Vitamin C Ampoules
Vitamin C Ampoules are biodegradable, single-use capsules that help to brighten and protect the skin from UV and environmental damage while also firming and enhancing the elasticity of the skin. Our formula also helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Perfect for all skin types, Vitamin C Ampoules are best vitamin c serum for hyperpigmentation and are completely fragrance-free and filled with natural, skin-loving nutrients such as Vitamin E, peptides and three forms of Vitamin C. Infusing the ampoules with Vitamin E helps to boost antioxidant activity and make the Vitamin C deliver more potent results, while peptides such as Myristoyl Pentapeptide-8 & Myristoyl Tetrapeptide-8 help to visibly improve firmness and elasticity.
Vitamin C is incredibly important for improving immunity and a healthy human body, and Circcell’s Vitamin C Ampoules contain three types of Vitamin C, including L-ascorbic acid, which is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the body and helps to protect the skin from oxidative stress.
L-ascorbic acid in Microsponge and Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate are two other important forms of Vitamin C which help to brighten and lighten sun spots over time.
If you’re struggling with hyperpigmentation and want to minimize sun spots and prevent further pigmentation issues—Vitamin C is exactly what you need to radiate beauty from the inside and out.
How to Apply Vitamin C Ampoules
For brighter, more even skin it suffices to add vitamin C ampoules to your everyday skin care routine. After washing your face, break off the cap and apply the contents of these potently formulated ampoules directly onto clean skin. After a couple weeks of daily use, you will notice that all freckles, sun spots, and other signs of hyperpigmentation are faded and significantly less visible. For added rejuvenating benefits, we recommend adding another capsule to your neck and spread this high-grade vitamin C formula down to your chest.
Mechanical engineer and Wharton MBA, Maya Crothers, began her career in corporate America where she worked in consulting and operations for a variety of Fortune 100 companies. After leaving the corporate world and moving to Jackson Hole, WY she found the need for high performance, clean skincare that could stand up to extreme environments. This led to her founding Circcell Skincare. She lives in Jackson Hole with her husband, two children and a menagerie of animals.